Here is another video I shot, while in Shillong. This one is a combination of several kicks. You can see the high side kick. And then I am alternating with some low kicks. And mid-range kicks too. At the end, as you can see I am winding up with repeats of a particular kick. The repeats need a lot of stamina, and can be cultivated only with regular practice. That is what actually builds your endurance and stamina. It is the signature of your strength as a warrior and the fact that you bring in mental grit to be able to do this. It is very exciting. Note the form of the first kick, the high one. And how I am landing each time. The movement of the feet in such kicks may not be erratic. They must always land with the technique in place. This will ensure that your balance is perfect. And for a kick to be effective, you must always have superb balance. Because otherwise, in an actual encounter, you will kick and then collapse if the kick is a high-intensity one!! How silly is that? So, technique and form is absolutely essential not just in the kick, but the manner in which your leg is withdrawn after the kick and how your foot lands after this withdrawal. Where it lands ensures that balance is maintained throughout. To be really effective, balance is most vital. And that, of course, comes from strength and sheer practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment