The other day I was speaking to my mom, who lives in Shillong, over the phone. She was teasing me, asking me if I still break things up. When I was a kid and quite crazy about fighting and training, I used to use the banana tree a lot, or other trees too, to perfect my kick. I also used to break things up, strong things, just to check if I was stronger .... That other day while fixing a punching bag for my student, I was testing the iron grill on which it may be tied -- I shook it and it rocked in my hand and I recalled how I used to try to break such stuff all the time, while a kid:)When I came to Mumbai I used to go early in the mornings to the park at Bandstand (Bandra) and train. There was tree which I particularly liked to train upon, but then the guard did not like what I was doing and said that the residents' association may object. As they well might. So that sort of ended my training on trees in this city:)
More on my Muay Thai crazed life later....




No comments:
Post a Comment